Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant Job
The Local Community Food Centre
The Local Community Food Centre began 4 years ago in Stratford and has grown into a vibrant community centre, using food as a gateway to addressing many issues, including poverty, social isolation and health. We are now looking for a bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant to assume administrative responsibilities as we move into independence from the United Way of Perth-Huron.
The Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant will need to be committed to social justice, familiar with the issues of food insecurity and able to work collaboratively with other team members. Highly organized, with excellent financial and management skills, the successful candidate will have significant experience with accounting software (we will be using Quick Books), Content Relationship Management (CRM) software (we use Sumac), and outcomes tracking applications (we use an online tracking system called Formulize). S/he will understand both the programming and operational challenges of a small organization, and how to overcome them. Demonstrated problem solving skills are essential.
In addition to 5 or more years of successful related experience, extensive knowledge of human resources and financial management is essential, up to and including preparation of monthly financial statements and other funder required reports.
This is a part time position, 22.5 hours per week, with the possibility of becoming full time.
|POSITION SUMMARY: The overall role of the Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant is to:
1. Support the Executive Director, Director of Communications and Fundraising, and other staff as required.
2. Be responsible for the day-to-day bookkeeping tasks of the organization, up to and including creating financial statements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned by the Executive Director and Director of Communications and Fundraising.
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and all related duties.
- Bank deposits and reconciliations.
- Ensuring expenses get allocated to the appropriate funder.
- Tracking budget and monthly cash flow.
- Creating monthly financial statements.
- Red flagging issues before they become issues.
- Providing information to the Board Treasurer as required.
- Maintain donor and volunteer databases.
- This position requires attention to detail.
- Extensive experience with Quick Books software is essential.
- Familiarity with Sumac and Formulize software a definite asset.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Able to work to deadlines and under pressure.
Workplace Guidelines and Expectations:
- Assist us in furthering the mission of The Local Community Food Centre which is “to increase access to healthy food in a manner that maintains dignity, builds community and challenges inequality.”
- Adherence to all policies, and maintenance of confidentiality in regards to all matters.
- We expect that all volunteers, staff, participants and community members are treated with dignity and respect at all times.
To apply, please send resumes by email to email@example.com by midnight November 30, 2016.