Mighty Meals | Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups fresh broccoli coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cayenne (optional)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Sauté onions until tender but do not brown.
- Stir in flour and cook 3 minutes.
- Whisk in broth and broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Purée mixture. Return to heat, add pepper, a little salt, milk, cheese and cayenne. Heat thoroughly but do not boil.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve sprinkled with additional Cheddar cheese,